Meeting on college admission issue held in Rangsina college

Correspondent
TUMPRENG, Aug 12: A meeting between parents and guardians and leaders of Karbi Students’ Association (KSA) was held at Rangsina college in Dongkamukam here today. The meeting was convened with the effort to address into the demands of students who could not get admission into Rangsina college due to limited seats.
KSA president Samson Teron along with members held a long discussion with parents, guardians, local youths to explore possibilities to help students who have failed to get admission due to limited seats and cut off marks leaving out majority of students the possibility of pursuing their studies at local area.
During the meeting, the college faculty members also gave their valuable inputs and urged to approach higher authorities to find ways to address the matter.
Later speaking to media, KSA president Semson Teron said that admission into colleges becomes more rigorous due to competition and online process has even made it more difficult for many students with moderate score as cut-off marks also high.
The KSA leader further informed that his organisation would meet state Education minister Ranuj Penu and called upon the Karbi Anglong Autonomous Council CEM Dr. Tuliram Ronghang and KAAC education EM Richard Tokbi to take the issue at the highest level and for solution at the earliest as it is linked with the future and career of hundreds of Karbi students who do not have the capacity to study outside.
Meanwhile, Rangsina college informed that so far they have received 755 applications out of which only 191 have been selected for admission as per the government’s guidelines. He said that percentage cut off is key to get admission.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *